Thursday, March 22, 2012

Got the 6 O'Clock Blues?

Coming home from work?  Chaos has ensued?  Still need to feed the Littles cause it's apparently in the Parent Handbook and you just totally don't feel like cooking?  


Ditch the boxed mac & cheese.  Forget the nasty chicken patties.  Keep the hot dogs in the freezer!


I've got a really quick easy dinner for you to make.


I'm talking SUPER quick??  


And somewhat nutritious too!  


I found it on Pinterest and I tried it out on the family last night for our dinner. 


EVERYONE, including the two picky little munchkins, went back for seconds.  I think I might have even seen the Z Man go back for thirds.  It was THAT good.  For reals.


First...let's wet your appetite a bit, shall we?  


You won't be able to resist.  


Ready?



I'm not kidding you when I say, this is exactly what mine looked like.  Unfortunately, we ate ours so fast (I don't think we even chewed...just inhaled), I forgot to take a picture of my own....but I promise that I will totally take one the next time.  

Is your mouth watering?  

Mine is.  And I just had the left overs for lunch.

Here's the recipe!  

Easy Peasy Brown Sugar and Garlic Chicken

Ingredients:


  • 4 boneless skinless breasts or chicken thighs
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 4 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 3 teaspoons olive oil
  • a sprinkle of red pepper flakes
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:


  1. Preheat oven to 500°F and lightly grease a casserole dish. Line with Foil.  Trust me on this.
  2. In small sauté pan, sauté garlic with the oil until tender.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar.
  4. Place chicken thighs  in a prepared baking dish and cover with the garlic and brown sugar mixture.
  5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Bake uncovered for 15-30 minutes.


My chicken was frozen cause I wasn't smaht (hey! My RI accent came out on that one!) enough to take anything out of the freezer BEFORE I left for work because, well, because  then that would actually make sense.  If you know me...I don't tend to make much sense.  So I threw some thighs into the microwave and defrosted them for 10 minutes.  It worked just fine. 

I doubled this recipe and used boneless chicken thighs.  I also used half brown sugar and half  SPLENDA® Brown Sugar Blend  cause I'm trying to be all healthy and stuff.  I'm pretty sure the second helping didn't count towards my Weight Watcher points.  And if it did, please don't tell me.  

Quick Tip - Line your casserole dish with foil - cause if you're lazy like me....you don't want to have to take the chisel to the dish for an hour.  

I served this with buttered carrots seasoned with salt and pepper and some Uncle Ben's done in 10 minutes Wild Rice.  This was such a breeze to prepare...and divinely delicious to eat!  

Enjoy!

P.S.  If anyone's curious...Weight Watcher PointsPlus® value is 5

4 comments:

  1. OMG that looks amazing. sure it would be good with breasts too...wondering about the whole chickens I have in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I also count 2 thighs as a serving...I mean who can eat just one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a feeling someone is going to be asking me to make this in the near future.

    ReplyDelete